Monday, December 29, 2014

Rebuilding an older car or truck, things you need to think about.

Rebuilding a Classic Car or Truck?

Ask yourself some questions, here are just a few.

So you've decided to buy an older car or truck and rebuild it huh?

I'll just get down to some nitty gritty here OK? Lets ask a few questions.
How confident are you that you can do the body work?
How confident you can weld?
How mechanically inclined are you?
Me, I know I can tear an engine down and put it back together, I know I can do the same with a transmission.
I know a little about body work and I'm very confident I can learn what I don't know.
Yeah I'll make mistakes and I'll have to fix them.
I know more about welding and I have alot to learn about it to.
Will I make mistakes there too, you bet. However, like in all things in life, you have to fall down before you can run.
Embrace your mistakes, learn what you did wrong, then fix it don't whine about them.
So when choosing your "New" classic truck or car to restore be sure you don't bite off more then you can chew. Get one that you feel confident you can do the work on.
If you feel you can't learn to weld, don't get one that needs any body work other then a paint job.
Needs mechanical work? Are you able to do that?
Do you have the tools? Can you afford to buy what you need?
Take your time when choosing, don't worry that you'll miss out on a great deal.
Don't jump on the first car or truck you look at because you believe it's the best you'll find.
Trust me, there are others out there and most likely the first one you look at will still be there in a week or month.
Go slow and don't get in over your head.

Join me on my project and see my mistakes and accomplishments and we can learn together.

Articles Doug's Projects: Doug's Projects on Goody Guides
Videos Doug's Projects: YouTube Channel Doug's Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment